Mittwoch, April 25, 2007

Silent Films Illustrated With Commentaries By:

About Henryk Szaro's "Mocny Czlowiek" (1929)

Silent Guest Star: Herr Kino Eye

Herr Kino Eye wrote: "You got me. I can't tag my review on yours. As far as I know, I have never seen a Polish silent. I can tell you that Murnau filmed the castle scenes of Nosferatu in what is now Slovakia, in Orava castle in the Tatras, quite close to the Polish border. So I've ALMOST seen a Polish film".

Und Herr Graf Ferdinand Von Galitzien replied: "To see silent Polish films, to listen in its integrity the opera "Der Ring Des Nibelungen" by Herr Wagner or to dance dizzy polkas in a soirée, are good examples of the eccentricity of the German aristocracy... anyway, don't worry about that ( the eccentricity not the Germans ) because even the Poles usually don't watch silent Polish films either".

Published in "alt.movies.silent".

Keine Kommentare: